Following this list will prepare you for the enrollment process, and keep you up on important dates and deadlines at Labette Community College.
- Visit! Visit! Visit!
LCC is a great place to begin your college education! Contact the Admissions Office at 1-888-LABETTE or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to meet with faculty, coaches, and/or departments at either the Main Campus in Parsons or the Cherokee Center near Pittsburg.
- Complete the Admissions Application:
Admissions Applications need to be completed online at http://redzone.labette.edu/ics/Admissions.
- Apply for Financial Aid:
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Use the “IRS Data Retrieval Tool” to complete the application faster. Be sure to include LCC as a receiving school on the FAFSA. LCC’s school code is 001930.
- Apply for Scholarships: Complete the LCC Scholarship Application online. LCC offers a range of scholarships. There are options geared toward GPA, extracurricular activities, and much more! Please visit the website for more information and to apply. The form is available at: http://www.labette.edu/financialaid/.
- Submit Placement Scores to the Admissions Office:
This is required prior to enrollment. You can submit one of the following:
- ACT Scores: A high school transcript usually has ACT scores printed on it. You can also have scores sent or printed by visiting the ACT website at www.act.org.
- ACCUPLACER Placement Test: The ACCUPLACER Placement Test is for students that have either not taken the ACT or for those who have taken the ACT, but are not satisfied with their scores. The ACCUPLACER Placement Test is given in the LCC Student Success Center at the Main Campus and at the Cherokee Center for no cost to the student. For more information, call 1-888-LABETTE, ext. 1147.
- Transfer students may not be required to provide or complete placement testing dependent upon previous coursework completed. Please contact the Admissions Office to determine if testing is needed.
- Submit any College Transcripts to the Admissions Department:
If you have attended any previous institutions, official transcripts must be sent to LCC. All transcripts must be official. You should either have them sent directly from your school to LCC, or if delivered in person, the transcripts must be sealed in an envelope directly from the issuing school. *An unofficial transcript can be used for enrollment purposes.
- Familiarize Yourself with the Semester Course Schedule:
It is beneficial for a student to have an idea of what courses will be offered for the semester. Familiarize yourself with course times and locations. LCC offers courses on the Main Campus in Parsons, at the Cherokee Center near Pittsburg, and online. This knowledge will prepare you to work with an advisor to develop a schedule that will fit your academic needs. You can view the course schedule online at www.labette.edu by clicking on the RedZone link, or request one by contacting the Admissions Department at 1-888-LABETTE, ext. 1264 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Enroll with Your Assigned Advisor:
You will be assigned an academic advisor based on your major or primary area of interest. As the student, it is your responsibility to make an appointment with your advisor to enroll.
- Arrange Payment Methods with the Business Office:
There are a number of ways payment arrangements can be made at LCC. Please feel free to explore all of those options with the LCC Business Office by visiting or calling (620) 820-1231. Payment options can also be explored online at: http://www.labette.edu/businessoffice/LCC-Payment-Plan-Policy.pdf
- Find Housing:
First-time, full-time students (less than 24 hours completed– excluding dual/concurrent hours) who are not commuting from home are required to live in the Cardinal Villas. Special exemptions may be granted through the Vice President of Student Affairs, including but not limited to students who are married, have children, are 21 years of age or older, or have prior military service. Applications for the Cardinal Villas are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
*International students will require additional information
*Please contact the Admissions Office for details