College Completion Grant
FALL 2016 Instructions
Student Support Services, a TRiO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education, is pleased to announce a College Completion Grant for its qualified participants.
To qualify for a College Completion Grant, participants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Receive a Pell Grant for the 2016-17 Academic Year
- Have unmet financial need (as determined by the Financial Aid Office) equal to or greater than the minimum College Completion Grant award (currently $600 for full-time students)
- Have an overall Grade Point Average of 2.0 and a previous semester Grade Point Average of 2.0. (students in their 1st semester at LCC are exempt from this requirement)
- Meet with a Student Support Services Academic Advisor a minimum of 3 (three) times during the semester prior to Friday, November 18, 2016.
- Complete 2 (two) CashCourse modules by Friday, November 18, 2016. CashCourse modules are online learning modules covering financial literacy topics for college students. Access for all College Completion Grant applicants begins Monday, October 10, 2016.
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic progress in each of your courses, as determined by the Student Support Services Academic Advisor.
- Must be enrolled in or have completed a minimum of 6 credit hours at the time of disbursement.
Minimum awards are $600 per academic year for full-time students. Because there is a limited amount of money, financial need and grade point average will solely determine who receives the Grant.