Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) Φβλ
In today's highly competitive business environment it takes more than just a business degree to succeed -- it requires business savvy, leadership skills, and technical knowledge. That's where Phi Beta Lambda comes in, by taking advantage of the many programs PBL offers, business students acquire the skills that will set them apart from the average business graduate. Members learn through participating in a variety of activities that help them hone their skills, while contributing to the improvement of the community in which they live, their school, and their chapter.
About Phi Beta Lambda (PBL)
PBL is the collegiate division of the national association, Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. (FBLA-PBL). Don't let the Greek name deceive you--PBL is not a social fraternity or sorority. Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda is a non-profit association of students preparing for careers in business related fields.
The FBLA-PBL association has four divisions for students preparing for business related fields.
- High School Division
- Middle level for junior high students
- PBL for college students
- Professional division for the business people
The PBL mission statement is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
- Develop competent, aggressive business leadership
- Strengthen the confidence of students in themselves and their work
- Create more interest in understanding of American business enterprise
- Encourage members in the development of individual projects which contribute to the improvement of home, business, and community
- Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriotism
- Encourage and practice efficient money management
- Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty
- Assist students in the establishment of occupational goals
- Facilitate the transition from school to work