Students at Labette Community College are assigned an advisor when they begin their college experience. Advisors assist students in the following ways:
- Discuss education and career goals
- Provide information about degrees, certificates, and concentrations
- Provide referrals to other departments when needed
- Assist with scheduling and course selection
- Track progress towards goals
- Provide information about transfer requirements
Academic Advisors are located in the Student Union and Cherokee Center. The Admissions Director and Admissions Recruiter also serve as academic advisors. Academic advisors assist students who are
- Entering college for the first time
- Undecided about a major
- Non-degree seeking
- Majoring in liberal studies
Faculty Advisors and Advising Specialists are assigned to students who have declared a particular major or degree. These are individuals who either teach in the field of concentration or have received specialized training in the requirements of a particular program. Additionally, students enrolled in Student Support Services receive additional advising assistance.
Check out the steps listed on the Admissions Checklist or contact one of the Academic Advisors listed to the right.
Need to Contact an Advisor?
Click on this list below to obtain contact information for your advisor.