Spring 2018 Schedule (Coming Soon)
Need someone to review your paper for flow and citations? Submit your paper online and you can make an appointment to receive feedback. Paper Submission Form
Still need help? Submit a tutor request. Tutor Request Form
Interested in becoming a Peer Tutor? Peer Tutor Application
Trouble with word problems? Check out these videos.
A few quick tips.
- Read the problem at least twice before starting it.
- When you are reading the problem the second time write down the key pieces of information.
- If possible, organize the information in a table – it may help you identify relationships.
- Build your equation and solve.
- Always check your answer against the original problem to see if it makes sense. Also be sure that you fully answered the question.
Transitioning to word problems:
- KHAN Academy: Variables, Expressions & Equations
- KHAN Academy: Consecutive Odd Integers
- KHAN Academy: Mixture Problems
- KHAN Academy: Advanced Mixture Problem
How to build functions for common word problems:
Analyzing the structure of functions:
- KHAN Academy: Functions (part 1) – visual argument; KHAN Academy: Functions (part 2) – algebraic argument
- KHAN Academy: Functions - Rate Problem
- KHAN Academy: Functions - Rate Problem (take 2)
- KHAN Academy: Pythagorean Theorem application
- KHAN Academy: Pythagorean Theorem (area)
How do you decide if your solution makes sense?
Still struggling? Request a tutor by filling out the Tutor Request Form or visiting the Student Success Center at Labette Community College’s main campus.